We all have bunked colleges, but have you ever bunked office? Jan 26 - Jan 28 2006

Places Visited: Mysore Palace, Himada Gopalaswamy Betta, Bandipur,Paikara, Ooty, Dodda Betta, Botonical Garden.
Who All: Vinay, Bhanu, Sujit, Chetu and myself.

Even toady when we talk about this trip we all burst out laughing.
I wont waste time writing masala stuffs. Lets start off.

On Jan 26 Bhanu calls me at 1 in the afternoon and tells me that Vinay is getting bored, lets go out some where. He also suggests how about Wonderla. I didn't want to go three as we wouldn't be able to stay for more than 3 hours. Instead I asked him to be here in another 45 mins time by which time I will try to pull in as me guys as possible.

Next moment my phone line goes busy for the next half an hour.
Sudhi: Hello, Ravi, sudhi here.
Ravi: Helu maga enu samachaara. (Tell, whassup)
Sudhi: Enumadtaa ideeyo(what u doing)
Ravi: Just finished lunch. Enu Plans??
Sudhi: We shall go out in another 1 hour and I will pick you up.
Ravi: Which Place?

I didn't had the answer at that time. I said might be Woderla and hung up. Called up Sujit who had also finished his lunch and asked him to be at my place in 30 mins. Also asked sujit to call up few guys and inform them the same.
VIjay had returned fom Korea that morning and I asked him as well. All of them were at my place.

Chetu calls Adi,
Chetu: Hi mama
Adi: Helo (Tell)
Chetu: HOw about going out? haven't decided on the place yet.
Adi: A bit doubtful. Nodbeku mama(Have to see). No one at my place.
Chetu: Jaasti tension thogo beda. We'll call you after we finalize on the place.

We start discussing which place to go. Wonderla comes in first. I succeeded in convincing that it wont be worth if we start now. The next name was "Meke Daatu" near kanakpura. We all agreed that it will take more than 2 1/2 hours to reach. We would return past 1 or even 2 in the night.

Where? where? where? . I thought as it was a thursday, if we could skip offices on friday. It will become a long weekend and we could go for off distance.
I started with a smile, if you guys are willing to bunk offices, I have a better place to visit.
The place was Bandipur 240 KM from bangalore. Bhanu instantaneoulsy replied "lets go".

The next question was how shall we go. Bikes?. Every one agreed. It was 3:00.
I again call up ravi and said we have decided upon the place and we'll have to take leave tomorrow(friday).
He refuses then and there itself. Even Vijay drops out saying he will have to go out with his cousins. 6 of us were left and We thought, we can go in the car though we will have tough time with 5 huge dehas(me an exception).

Chetu calls Adi again. This time I speak.
Sudhi: Enu decide madide mama(what did you decide?)
Adi: Hey, not possible as no one at my place.
Sudhi: I dint' want to force him as it would cut down the no to 5 and we could comfortably go in the Josh Machine.
I hung up saying its fine mama.

No one had carried anything as it was supposed to be a wonderla visit.

Now evryone start thinking how to tell our parents about this on the fly planned trip.
I go inside and first say to my mother that, we will go to wonderla. Bhanu, Vinay call up their homes and inform.
The funny part was Sujit had told his mom that he will go to Sudhi's place and return in half an hours time. I don't remember what Sujit told his mother about the trip.
After some more time I again go in and say the plan has changed and we will be going to Mysore and stay there this night. Visit Bandipur next morning and return back by evening. All of us were able to convince our parents luckily ;);)

Took the cover off the Josh machine. I picked up five shirts for each of us and a pair of towels. NOthing else.
Parked all bikes at my Uncle's place. Put some water on the wind shield and the tyres not to clean but as my Dad keeps telling when you go out you will have to do so( Definitely not a stupid tradition, but always good to do so).

It was 4:00 now. We all got into the car and started of. Took some time for the Josh machine to stat roaring. As we were out of the city limits, the Josh Machine was in its full form. Didn't stop anywhere in between till we reached KRS.
Vinay with his "Ade taane, Adu" entertained us through out the journey. Reached KRS dam at 8:00. Unfortunately it was closed. Left for mysore city had our dinner in Das Prakash. We came out after having dinner. Right opposite was a theatre screening "Shree" starring Vijay Raghavendra (chappali Kalla in Chinnari Muttha).
So we thought why to rent a room just to sleep, rather watch this movie if its good. Else happily sleep for 3 hours.
The movie was a wokey-dokey timepass movie. For detailed review please visit http://chetanmail.blogspot.com/2006/01/shree-review.html for the movie's review
The movie got over at 1. We started roaming mysore city in the night. Stopped in front of the Mysore Maharaja Palace for footos. Bhanu and Sujit even got inside the palace by jumping over the gates just for a photo. Unfortunately they didn't get caught. :( :( I took a profile photo of my lovely IKON -Josh machine in front of the palace. While I was watching RDB back in Bangalore, and saw those guys roam around the city and going around India Gate in the night time; it reminded me of what we were doing in myosre this night except that, we were not stanidng on the car and saluting the Palace.

We decieded that why wait till morning Slowly move towards Bandipur at 20kmph speed. We reached a small hotel at 3:00 in Gundalpet. Had Tea. We got to know from one of the person in charge of the hotel that we could spot Elephant herd if we reach GopalaSwamy Betta. Reached Himada GopalSwamy Betta" at 4:00. The gates were closed. There was a small house at the post which was for gaurds to sleep. Went around the house to see if we can wake them up and get the gate opened. No one responded. There was another small muddy road next to the actual road. Moved the car into that road, and up came screaming a guard. This is the way you wake up a sleeping guard. He insisted fom not opening, but later gave up to our plea as we all wanted to see the Herd. We paid him some amount and left silently with the heater on as it was too cold up there. The car wasn't moving that smoothly, for a minute I thought is it because of a bald tyre. Chetu and myself got down to check the same. Then we realized that it was a steep road. Then drove the car in 2nd gear till we reahed the top. As soon we reached the top, we saw a baby elephant escaping from our view into the woods. When I switched off the head lights the elephant came back to the road. To watch it, again turned on the lights, it again disappeared. It was too cold on the top, so got back into the car and switched on the heater. Left from there but stopped in b/w to see the sunrise. While waiting we all fell asleep. We all woke up, the sun had rose.

Reached Bandipur, took the safari. To my disappointment, it was the worst one I ever took. He took us around a few tracks and we were back in 40 mins. When we got into the car, Bhanu said, lets go to Ooty. It was 80 Km from Bandipur. Enroute to Ooty, there were lot of good scenic view points. But the sad part was that we took close to 4 hours to reach Ooty as it was a pot hole filled road. On the way we visited Paikara, where we went on a motor boat. Reached Ooty, I slept in the car, while others went out for munching/lunching. We saw just two places in Ooty, Dodda Betta and Botonical park. We realized that, this is a place to come with your ehemmm ehemmm. Bought lots of home made chocolates. Left for mysore, but took a different/dangerous Kallati route. Quite a few people suggested that kallatti road is well asphalted, but very very steepy and slippery and a slight mistake could land you directly to the ground level.

I didn't want to take the route which we came in. So decided to go in the Kallati road. At the beginning itself I got hold of a local MUV. He was the schumi of the Kallati road. Just followed him blindly, applying breakes where ever he applied, handling the curves same way he did. But at the end when we stopped to ask the route, we missed him. But managed to get off the Kallati road. Hit the Bandipur-Mysore road, where we spotted a tusker eating just next to the road. Stopped the car next to the elephant, turned of the lights. We could hear the tusker chewing.
Reached mysore in a hour and had dinner. Bhanu suggested we'll leave to Bangalore tonight. I wasn't confident whether I can be awake, so took a hotel and stayed there that night.

Left mysore at 7:00 and were in Bangaloreby 10:00. Sujit drove for around 70 kms. At one point he entered into the wrong way where vehicles are vrooming at us at high speeds. He stalled the car and couldn't get it moving. A Heavy vehicle came at a brisk speed towards us. While I was waving at him to stop the vehicle, he moved forward. I was sure that he was going to knock us. But just stopped in front of our car. Then sujit somehow managed to get the car on track. Poor pig got ran over when sujit tried avoiding a few school children. The best part was when we asked him to slow down the vehicle, he would say, I have stopped pressing on the gas. We were all like, boss you will also have to apply brakes to slow down.

Chetu started preaching phiolosophy, telling sujit and vinay that they will have to pay the Tax properly. Shouldn't try to elude from it. But what actually chetu does, no one knows.
All in all, was a good trip with lots of running around.

Comments

Chetan said…
I do pay my Tax Maga .... Ivathe saral form submit madhe !!